Next to the declaration of the New 7 Wonders of the World, that will be announced during the Official Declaration ceremony in Lisbon, Portugal on Saturday July 7 – 2007 (07.07.07), the Madeirenses will also choose the â€œseven wonders of Madeiraâ€.
A jury selected 14 patrimonial references of Madeira Island from which we have to choose seven from. The selection was based on architectural, historical value or in terms of the development of the region.
The list includes the following monuments:
– SÃ© Cathedral of the Funchal;
– Palace of SÃ£o LourenÃ§o;
– Convent of Santa Clara;
– Fortaleza do Pico;
– Forte de SÃ£o Tiago;
– Church and College of the Jesuits;
– Museum Quinta das Cruzes;
– Museum of the Arte Sacra.
Also the following where selected:
– The gigantic pillar extension of the Madeira Airport;
– Center of the Arts at Calheta (Casa das Mudas);
– Complex of the Casino Park Hotel;
– Funchalâ€™s Market (Mercado dos Lavradores);
– Poios (hand-tilled vineyards on small plots of land. Terraces)
We would like to ask you ….
Which 7 wonders of Madeira would you choose?